It’s been said that the two greatest days in your life are the the day you were born, and the day you discover why you were born.
Just to begin the discovery process, here are questions to help you discover why you were born – your life mission!
1. What makes you smile? (Activities, people, events, hobbies, projects, etc.)
2. What are your favorite things to do in the past? What about now?
3. What activities make you lose track of time?
4. What makes you feel great about yourself?
5. Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or do not know. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you, in each person?
6. What are you naturally good at?(Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)
7. What do people typically ask you for help in?
8. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
9. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
10. You are now 90 years old, sitting on a rocking chair outside your porch; you can feel the spring breeze gently brushing against your face. You are blissful and happy, and are pleased with the wonderful life you’ve been blessed with. Looking back at your life and all that you’ve achieved and acquired, all the relationships you’ve developed; what matters to you most? List them out.
11. What are your deepest values?
Select 3 to 6 values and prioritize the words in order of importance to you.(values listed below)
Achievement, Adventure, Beauty, Being the best, Challenge, Comfort, Courage, Creativity, Curiosity, Education, Empowerment, Environment, Family, Financial freedom, Fitness, Friendship, Giving, Service, Health, Honesty, Independence, Inner peace, Integrity, Intelligence, Intimacy, Joy, Leadership, Learning, Love, Motivation, Passion, Performance, Personal growth, Play, Productivity, Primary, Relationship, Reliability, Respect, Security, Spirituality, Success, Time freedom, Variety
12. What were some challenges, difficulties and hardships you’ve overcome or are in the process of overcoming? How did you do it?
13. What causes do you strongly believe in? Connect with?
14. If you could get a message across to a large group of people. Who would those people be? What would your message be?
15. Given your gifts, talents, passions, abilities, personality, experiences, and your values. How could you use these resources to serve, to help, to contribute? (to people, beings, causes, organization, environment, planet, etc.)