“A confused mind does nothing.” – Anonymous
Focus: fo’-cus / verb
- adapt to the prevailing level of light and become able to see clearly;
- pay particular attention to.
Just as you should keep your focus off yesterday, you should not have it on tomorrow. If you are always thinking about tomorrow, then you will never get anything done today.Your focus needs to remain in the one area where you have some control – today. What is ironic is that if you focus on today, you get a better tomorrow!
There are certain things you can do everyday to help you in this area.
- Read daily to grow in your personal life.
- Listen to others daily to broaden your perspective.
- Think daily to apply what you have learned.
- Write daily so you can remember what you have learned.
- Share daily what you have learned with others.
There is hope in these tough economic days! Click here!
To help you focus and have the right mind-set, read this “Just for Today” list every morning:
JUST FOR TODAY….
- I will choose and display the right attitudes.
- I will determine and act on important priorities.
- I will know and follow healthy guidelines.
- I will communicate with and care for my family.
- I will practice and develop good thinking.
- I will make and keep proper commitments.
- I will earn and properly manage finances.
- I will deepen and live out my faith.
- I will initiate and invest in solid relationships.
- I will plan for and model generosity.
- I will embrace and practice good values.
- I will seek and experience improvements.
- I will act on these decisions and practice disciplines, and then one day….I will see the compounding results of a day lived well! – John Maxwell “Today Matters”
Try doing this everyday. Remember, you cannot change yesterday. You cannot count on tomorrow. But you can choose what you do today! Give today your focus and reap the benefits tomorrow!