“So [David] became captain over them. And there were about four hundred men with him.” 1 Samuel 22:2
Most people recognize that investing in a team brings benefits to everyone on the team. Here are ten steps you can take to invest in your team.
- Make the decision to build a team.
- Gather the best team possible.
- Pay the price to develop the team.
- Do things together as a team.
- Empower team members with responsibility and authority.
- Give credit for success to the team.
- Watch to see that the investment in the team is paying off.
- Stop your investment in players who do not grow.
- Create new opportunities for the team.
- Give the team the best possible chance to succeed.
One of the great things about investing in a team is that it almost guarantees a high return for the effort, because a team can do so much more than individuals.
Or as Rex Murphy, one of my conference attendees, told me: “Where there’s a will there’s a way; where there’s a team, there’s more than one way.”
The 17 Indisputable Laws of Leadership
Sign up for Daily Email Devotions from Jon C Maxwell
The Entrepreneur Pastor Network
As a Leader, How Bold Should You Be?
7 Ways Pastors Should Think Like an Entrepreneur
4 Ways to Grow Your Business and Your Self Image
A Secret Sentence You Can Use to Land More Job Interviews and Job Offers
Is It Time For A Career Change?
8 Things Entrepreneurs Need To Do Daily
3 Ways To Make Yourself More Valuable